1. I, the undersigned, do hereby make voluntary application to the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance – formerly the Biofeedback Certification Institute of America (BCIA). I certify that the information given by way of this application is true, honest, and completely represents me.
2. I will conform to all applicable local, state, and federal regulations and conduct myself consistent with the highest standards relating to my profession and specialty.
3. I have read and agree to be bound by the BCIA Professional Standards and Ethical Principles of Biofeedback (PSEP) and their policies and procedures. I understand that the PSEP and any BCIA policies and procedures may be amended from time to time and that I am bound by these documents as amended. I also understand that in accordance with such policies and procedures:
(a) the final determination of any dispute arising between me and BCIA will be made by its board of directors and that I will be bound by the board’s determination and may not seek review;
(b) however, if grounds exist that would permit a court to overturn or modify the board’s determination or otherwise act in the matter, that I will seek redress only in Denver, CO and only by arbitration in accordance with such policies and procedures; and
(c) because I have agreed that the board’s determination is final and binding upon me, I am likely to be required to pay the costs, reasonable attorney fees and other expenses of BCIA in any proceedings instituted by me.
4. I understand and agree that BCIA and its affiliates assume no responsibility for my actions or activities. I practice at my own risk and hereby release BCIA from any and all liability from any practice decisions I make.
5. I hereby give permission to BCIA to contact individuals or agencies listed for verification of information submitted. I recognize that failure to do so may result in disciplinary action including suspension or revocation of my certification.