How Can I Become Recertified in PMDB?
Online Recertification Form or Printable Recertification Form
***Please note: If this is your 2nd intact recertification (you are currently certified in biofeedback or neurofeedback, you may use the lower fee: Before June 30: $100; Before October 31: $125; and after November 1: $150.
Candidates for recertification must complete 36 hours of accredited continuing education related to the PMDB Blueprint and/or the disorder you may be treating with the majority of your hours being biofeedback-specific. Individuals certified in another BCIA program may use CE credits from accredited providers for recertification in both programs.
Three of the required hours must be related to ethics and professional standards, and the 25 hours of elective continuing education are no longer required; however, we do encourage you to continue to read and study good materials that are outside of the accredited work. If for any reason you are unable to complete the continuing education, you may take the written certification exam.
Recent changes you may wish to note:
- Online Continuing Education:
- BCIA webinars – one can attend a 90-minute online presentation and complete an evaluation and quiz to earn 1.5 hours of ce toward recertification. Webinars may be attended live or through the recordings.
- Online articles and quizzes are available for 1 hour of ce.
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are free educational opportunities providing courses and instructors from many top universities. If you find a course you are interested in for either your human anatomy/physiology requirement OR for CE credit toward recertification, please send us all the information and we'll let you know if your option will be accepted. Check them out!
- Formal Mentoring - A maximum of 12 hours of formal mentoring may be used as part of your required ce. This work must be done by a BCIA-approved mentor selected using the same parameters as when seeking original certification. Additionally, the work done must be logged and signed off by both the mentor and the candidate using this form.
- Ethics/professional Conduct - 3 hours of accredited ethics or professional conduct work is required.
- Exam Item Writing - you may earn credit for authoring exam items that are tied to a source from the core reading list. Each item must have a stem, 1 correct answer, and 3 distractors. Please use this form to transmit the exam items electronically to BCIA. Each item submitted is worth .5 hours of CE and up to 20 hours for recertification may be completed in this way.
- Previously you were required to complete 25 hours of elective continuing education in addition to the accredited hour requirements. That is no longer required; however it is still recommended that you continue to study and learn more in your field through reading and other non-accredited activities.
How to Fulfill your CE Requirements