Neurofeedback Written Certification Exam
The exam may be taken at any time after approval of your application and payment of all fees; however, we recommend it as the last requirement in the certification process. Fees include:
- $150 filing fee which must be paid at the time the application is submitted. The filing fee will be reduced to $50 if an applicant can document current enrollment in an advanced degree program at a regionally-accredited academic institution in a BCIA-approved health care field.
- $275 certification fee prior to seating for the exam. If this is your second BCIA certification (in addition to either BCIA Biofeedback or PMDB), the filing fee is the same, but certification fee is reduced to $75).
All fees are non-refundable and must be in US funds and paid by check, money order, or credit card.
The examination is offered in English only and is based on the Blueprint of Knowledge Statements. The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice items sourced from the Core Reading List. The number of exam items from a blueprint area correspond to the number of hours in that rubric; the smaller the rubric, the fewer questions will be in the exam from that content area. There is a 3-hour time limit for the exam. For more information, please refer to Neurofeedback Exam 101.
- The written certification exam may be taken either at one of the scheduled exam sites or through the special exam option which allows a pre-approved candidate to schedule their exam using a university or other approved testing site with a proctor. For more information on how to make arrangements for a special exam, please refer to Special Exam 101. In order to start the special exam process, the candidate must complete and submit the special exam form with as much information as possible, including the date and the time.
- Special exams fees: $100 for the paper/pencil version, $50 for online testing software. Please use this payment link for the exam.
Neurofeedback Special Exam Option
For those living or wishing to travel to the Denver metro area, you may have your exam proctored in the BCIA office for no additional fee.
- A Core Reading List is provided to aid in preparation for the exam and to reinforce the learning of the science, history, and theory of biofeedback
- Should you need additional time or special accommodation due to language or other circumstance, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.