How Can I Become Recertified in PMDB?
Candidates for recertification must complete 36 hours of accredited continuing education related to the PMDB Blueprint and/or the disorder you may be treating with the majority of your hours being biofeedback-specific. Individuals certified in more than one BCIA program may use CE credits taken from either program. If for any reason you are unable to complete the CE requirement, you may take the certification exam as an option.
Senior Fellows must complete 24 hours of accredited continuing education.
Three of the required hours must be related to ethics and professional standards.
**Because all applicants are licensed health professionals, many will have the completed the continuing education as a function of renewing their license.
Senior Fellow Recertification Application
You may wish to print off the form, complete and submit it by US mail, and include a check payable in US funds to: BCIA - 5310 Ward Rd, #201- Arvada CO 80002.
If you wish to complete the form and email it to us, you may pay your fees online using these links: Payment Options
All fees are non-refundable.
Recertification: Jan 1–June 30: $150
July 1 – October 31: $175
After November 1: $200
Dual Recert: January 1–June 30: $125
This fee is for those with another BCIA
certification (either biofeedback, HRV, or neurofeedback)
July 1 – October 31: $150
After November 1: $175
Recent changes you may wish to note:
- Online Continuing Education:
- BCIA webinars – one can attend a 90-minute online presentation and complete an evaluation and quiz to earn 1.5 hours of ce toward recertification. Webinars may be attended live or through the recordings.
- Online articles and quizzes are available for 1 hour of ce.
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are free educational opportunities providing courses and instructors from many top universities. If you find a course you are interested in for either your human anatomy/physiology requirement OR for CE credit toward recertification, please send us all the information and we'll let you know if your option will be accepted. Check them out!
- Formal Mentoring - A maximum of 12 hours of formal mentoring may be used as part of your required ce. This work must be done by a BCIA-approved mentor selected using the same parameters as when seeking original certification. Additionally, the work done must be logged and signed off by both the mentor and the candidate using this form.
- Ethics/professional Conduct - 3 hours of accredited ethics or professional conduct work is required.
- Exam Item Writing - you may earn credit for authoring exam items that are tied to a source from the core reading list. Each item must have a stem, 1 correct answer, and 3 distractors. Please use this form to transmit the exam items electronically to BCIA. Each item submitted is worth .5 hours of CE and up to 20 hours for recertification may be completed in this way.
How to Fulfill your CE Requirements